I’ve been working on the logo and identity for my thesis, it’s been the challenge for the past few months/weeks and for some reason I wasn’t able to commit and move forward because nothing was feeling “right” yet. I seriously must have sketched out over 1,000 different logo variations, typeface designs etc. etc. here is a very small snapshot of a few hundred that were in the most recent round of development (as of last week).
I narrowed it down and thought I wanted a rough hand-drawn logo. Here are the 3 I narrowed it down to (keep in mind these are not final logos but more to get a sense for what people respond to in regards to lock up and type).
The votes came in from my audience and
(drum roll please)….
Logo_01 was the most popular! After getting some feedback I decided to push this variation a bit further and really find something that felt right. My handwriting was being used for the base design of the logo. I vectorized it but it lost it’s playfulness when I did that. Not quite there yet, but I agreed with the consensus and like the lock up while using the utensils as interchangeable “art”, much like my customized kitchen counter lock up I imagined in my head.
The more recently updated logos are coming in the next post.